Gay and Lesbian Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory My Zimbio Blog Directory and Search engine
Lesbian Dating and Relationship Search

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Night of Elegance: The Prom You Never Had

Did you miss your High School Prom because you couldn’t bring your girlfriend? Or perhaps you went to your prom, but not with the person you wanted to? Well here is your chance to go to Prom with whomever you want.

Sparkle Production is putting on their first annual adult prom, A Night of Elegance: The Prom You Never Had. This event is a fundraiser for Positive Images, a non-profit group that provides support and advocacy to Sonoma County's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and intersexed youth and young adults, and educates the greater community.

The evening’s events will include dancing to the sounds of DJ MoniKa, official prom photos, raffle prizes a no-host bar and hors d'oeuvres. This event is for adults 21 and over, and straight allies are welcome!


When: Saturday, May 31st, 7 pm - Midnight


Where: St. Rose Hall, 320 10th Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401


How: For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.posimagesprom.org/

1 comment:

barbelgin said...

Wow, thinking of proms takes me back. I dreaded them because I knew I'd be asked by some guy I didn't like and in order to 'fit in' I felt pressured to go. And, of course, the girl I had a crush on? Well, she was a year older and went to a different school but I'd never even imagined I could ask HER to the prom! What a neat opportunity that would have been.

I love it when I see events like this, esp. for us 'older' GLBT's who, again, like me, never had access to such an event. And, that they are pairing it with charity, wow, that's simply brilliant. Folks if you live in the area, please consider asking your 'sweetie' to this prom!

 

Blog Directory blogarama.com, Free online web directory, Search Engine Submission - AddMe
type='text/javascript'/>