Gay and Lesbian Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory My Zimbio Blog Directory and Search engine
Lesbian Dating and Relationship Search

Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolutions Anyone???

Everyone seems to have their own ideas and traditions for a New Year's resolution. My own tradition has been quite varied over the years. There have been times that I write down my goals and do my best to follow them (at least for the first few months). And on other years, I have thought about making some changes for the new year, but never really solidifying anything on paper.

So for 2008, since there are many things I would like to work on, I think I will try and focus on just a few:

  • Staying present

  • Listening compassionately, both to my own needs, as well as those of others

  • Keeping my relationship healthy, passionate and sexually interesting. (I know my GF is blushing right about now).


I also asked a few friends what their New Year's resolutions were for 2008 and this is what they came up with:

  1. I dislike the notion of "resolutions" on just one day of the year; trying to better oneself throughout a year should be the goal. that, and people are too unrealistic with their goals because they're biting off more than they can chew on that one day.

    The other, more pompous opinion? that you're good enough as you are, so you don't have a need for resolutions!!
    -Casey


  2. I don't really do resolutions but I know I want to try to be more relaxed this new 2008...whenever I start to stress...I'm just going to tell myself relax + I'm doing the restorative yoga and messages more frequent = excellent!
    -Ange

  3. My FIRST new year's resolution should be to finish Vol. 8 of Jane's World
    -Paige

  4. To be more accepting/tolerant/patient
    to have more fun (take things less seriously)
    to not get stressed out at myself or anyone on our wedding-ceremony day/weekend
    to be more mindful
    -Bee

  5. Well, as far as resolutions, (even though I hate to have them/make them), it was necessary for me this year. I will be "getting in shape" this year and make taking care of my physical health a priority for me. Actually when folks at work asked me what my resolution(s) were, I said, "more SEX, drugs, and rock 'n roll".
    -Jess

  6. NYE's resolution?????? humm? I tend to not do the whole "proclaiming" of resolutions, but... with that said, I do have a few things I would like to work on. And, those being.....

    1) To put make an earnest effort in pursuing a couple of avenues I am interested in.

    2) To learn how to quiet the mind & listen within....(spiritually)
    -Sam

  7. My resolution is to move back to Guerneville (to get away from the shadow of the ex) and get reconnected with friends.
    -CT

  8. Well my resolution is to finish losing weight and look good for the friends and family who haven't seen me in a long while. Another one is finding a great woman who will not only love me for me, but be supportive and understanding with any decision I make.
    -Chas

  9. I'm gonna be a bitch to everybody.... just like I was last year, and the year before, and the year before...LOL.
    -Leila


Whatever your New Years Resolution is for 2008, be good to yourself and remember the past is gone, the future is unknown and all you have is RIGHT NOW, so enjoy it!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Remaining present is a great resolution -- I have so much trouble with that preferring to live in my monkey mind. Nonetheless mine is to passionately pursue a life that makes my heart sing.

Mid-Life Clarity

 

Blog Directory blogarama.com, Free online web directory, Search Engine Submission - AddMe
type='text/javascript'/>