Gay and Lesbian Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory My Zimbio Blog Directory and Search engine
Lesbian Dating and Relationship Search

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Angelina Jolie to Star in Lesbian Author's Upcoming Film

Variety.com has just announced that Angelina Jolie has signed on to play medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta in lesbian author Patricia Cornwell's best-selling crime novels.

With a total of 16 novels in the Scarpetta series, Fox 2000 is hoping for a franchise, however the first film will not be based on any one specific novel.  

The film is expected to be a suspense thriller, similar to  Silence of the Lambs or Seven, and Angelina Jolie will be playing the heroine Dr. Kay Scarpetta, the strong-willed, opera-loving, mystery-solving, medical examiner.

So I wonder who will play the part of Scarpetta's hot lesbian niece? Or maybe that character will be left out all together, I hope not.

The upcoming film still has yet to find a screenwriter or director, but I will keep you updated if I hear any more details.

2 comments:

barb elgin said...

This is exciting - I was just talking with a friend yesterday about how with L Word gone, what is there? I love the Patricia Cornwell stories and, while Angelina is a bit 'fem' I think, for the Kay Scarpetta character, maybe I've been off on that!

Now, I haven't read the last couple of her books, does the Kay character reveal she's gay yet?

girl2grl said...

I have to agree, I think Angelina is a bit too femme to play Scarpetta, but I imagine it was more of a Fox Studio decision then a Patricia Cornwell choice.

I have been a huge fan of Patricia Cornwell for years, but after being disappointed with her books Island of Dogs and Predator, I stopped reading her novels, so I have no idea what has happened in the 4 books that preceded.

However, I heard that Scarpetta, the most recent of her novels, is suppose to be excellent, so I may have to pick that one up. But I am doubting her character ever comes out as a lesbian, but who knows.

 

Blog Directory blogarama.com, Free online web directory, Search Engine Submission - AddMe
type='text/javascript'/>